Sunday, November 23, 2014

20141123: Weekend log

Woke up late and it was already 8 AM when I reached the tennis court. One of the courts was already full. So I promptly took the other court to practice my serves.

I moved a bit back and started spinning the ball more as well as making sure that I was going through the entire motion and not leaving the swing in between. I realized yesterday that I was not letting the racket swing completely on my forehand and this half stop was making the balls go out. I tried to apply the same learning to my serves. These two changes helped and I was able to get top spin serves to work again.

I wanted to try my first serve too but Vikas came and we started with some practice drills. I realized that I'm maintaining a good control of I catch the racket with the other hand. I also realized that the racket goes down when I jump and take the ball on the rise. I need to work on that.

We played doubles when some kids from morning class came. I lost my serve but we won 6-1.

No comments:

Post a Comment