Monday, December 15, 2014

20141215: Practice Perfect

Another great day of tennis. I hoarded the winner side of the court in singles and lost just one game along with Srinath when we were playing doubles. I did lose my serve in the extended session but I was able to break back and hold my second serve game at 40-0. I think the serve drills that I do before going to the tennis court are helping a lot. I just need to work a bit more on the forehand and backhand from the baseline.

An interesting observation today was the wind. The wind was directly on our back. This meant that my first serve wasn't as effective as it usually is. Also our opponents were easily fetching all the lobs. I found a way out by playing longer points and following up the lob with a fast forehand passing shot or a volley at the body. It helped and the match was still on serve when I had to bail out.

No comments:

Post a Comment