Tuesday, January 20, 2015

20150121: New racket breaking in

I acquired a new racket - Babalot Aeropro Drive. Now this racket is drastically different from my old racket - Wilson ncode n4. It is heavier albeit much better balanced, has a regular head compared to n4's oversize head and comes with polyster strings instead of the synthetic ones that I'm so used to playing with. Because of that it is taking me time to get used to this racket.

The returns with this racket are much much better. I have problem with both forehand and backhand since the sweet spot is much smaller, my serve isn't working that well since the ball sticks to racket strings for a much longer duration and finally half-baked lobs don't work that well because of surface area.

However I'm taking it as a challenge to play better with this racket. I will play atleast 10 hours with this racket every week and hopefully I'll be able to replicate the success of n4 with thsi racket as well. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment